Friday, December 21, 2007

HBN and Star Trek reactions

First HBN review is in and it's great. 4 1/2 out of 5 bullets. Check it out here.

“Overall, I am very excited about the return of Hero By Night. Coffman has the opportunity to bring some creative ideas to the table, as evidenced by the introduction and conclusion of this issue, and expand and introduced characters that could not be covered in the mini-series. I think this is definitely a great series to follow that has a level of realism in the writing and some fantastic artwork to really bring it all together.”

Some Star Trek discussion started on the Bendis Board and when people found out I'd written the book there were some nice things aid.

From NaughTibbitz
This was one of the best Star Trek books I've ever read -- it really felt like a lost episode from the series that would have come from the original pilot.

From Captain Bloodclot
I loved this book. In fact, I'm loving everything IDW is doing with the star trek franchise. The andorian book was also great. Klingons: Blood Will Tell was fantastic. The year four books started out only a little better than average but the recent "studio planet" episode was a brilliant study in self-reflexivity-- I liked the way it dramatized the way the show was treated by the network. It kind of echoed Serenity in that regard (which is, at the end of the day, a story about forcing people to see something that they don;t want to see).

From Chris McCarver
I loved the shit out of this

3 Comments:

Blogger J. M. Beroy said...

Happy Christmas! I can´t resist to share with you another great review:
http://www.fistfullofcomics.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=467

2:11 PM  
Blogger J. M. Beroy said...

Oh, well, sorry, the link don´t show entirely. Try in my blog:
http://beroyblog.blogspot.com/
The link for Fist Full of Comics is in the second post.

2:14 PM  
Blogger James Patrick said...

Awesome, man. I found another one at http://alternaterealitypodcast.blogspot.com/2007/12/episode-83-is-up.html
It's a podcast and it's about 55:39 in. I'll post both of these tonight.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home