Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Some stuff coming up . . . and I need to chill the fuck out.


First off, I wanted to tell the three people reading this that I'll be in Chicago for the con the 9th through the 12th. Not sure on a table yet, but I have an important meeting up there so I'm going. I set up my living arrangements today. So I'll be there, in some capacity.


Okay, some other things . . . and one of those is that I'm doing an issue of Star Trek for IDW, though I can't give the specifics of it yet. That cover is not the book, but it's spiffy so I threw it up there. Yeah, that's right, first Angel, now Star Trek. Every once in awhile I pinch myself for being able to contribute so little bit to these universes I've grown up on.





Also, I will be involved with DJ Coffman's Hero By Night, but again I can't get into specifics yet. All I'll say about this project is that I'm very, very happy with what I've been producing for this. Seems to be right within my default writing area, whatever that means.

So you would think all of this keeps me so busy I don't have time to think about things, right? No. Just the opposite. I find I'm putting a large amount of pressure on myself over one of these things and I need to chill the fuck out, stop fixating, and just do what I do. Writers out there probably know what I'm talking about, but every once in a while some thing comes a long and you feel like you have justify it, prove something, and then you end up fixating on it. Maybe it makes better work. Maybe it doesn't. Ugh. If I'm coming off as ungrateful, then sorry, it's just to a point where it's nearly consuming my thoughts and I felt the need to purge it here. That's what blog's are for, I guess.
So, back to work.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home